My spouse cheated on me. Can I sue the person he or she had an affair with?

Hi, I’m Tycha Kimbrough. If your spouse cheated on you, and now you’re wondering whether or not you can sue the person that your spouse cheated on you with? It really depends on the circumstances. You may have a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress. But that is a hard burden to meet. You have to show how the conduct was outrageous, and adultery alone does not mean that the conduct was outrageous.

Austin, TX skyscape
Get in Touch With Us