What happens if my spouse doesn't cooperate in the divorce? | Austin Divorce Lawyer

What happens if my spouse doesn't cooperate in the divorce? | Austin Divorce Lawyer

November 10, 2022
Tycha Kimbrough

Hello, I'm Tycha Kimbrough. If you're preparing for dealing with a divorce and your spouse won't cooperate, this may be a situation where if you're the petitioner and you file for the divorce and your spouse is just unwilling to answer and is refusing to participate, then perhaps you can obtain a default judgment against your spouse. On the other hand, if it's a situation where your spouse is just being unreasonable, and unwilling to be amicable in any way, and they're just seeking to drag out the divorce, then you're going to have to deal with it a bit. But there are some options such as scheduling a mediation and doing your best to try to resolve the case in mediation, but if your spouse is just not willing to work with you, then this may be a situation where you will have to go to trial and present your case to a judge.

5920 W. William Cannon Dr., Bldg 3, Ste 400, Austin, TX 78749

Schedule a consultation

Click to Call (833) 553-4251

Contact Us

Kimbrough Legal, PLLC
Phone: (833) 553-4251

Hours of Operation

Opens : 24 Hours
Kimbrough Legal, PLLC is a full-service law firm that focuses on Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support Modifications / Enforcements, and Mediation, Criminal Defense, DWI, Expungement, Drug Charges, Assault, Theft.
 © Copyright 2022. Kimbrough Legal, PLLC. All Rights Reserved.
Kimbrough Legal, PLLC Location in Austin, TX 78735
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.
You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Powered by Law Firm Marketing Pros
" linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram